Heading back to school can be a drag, but your skin doesn’t have to be! You probably want to start the school year off right by walking onto campus with glowing and radiant skin. Dealing with acne, uneven texture, and discoloration can really put a damper on your spirits and lower your confidence. That’s where LifeScape comes in. Our Medical Aesthetics services can provide you with everything your skin needs to look its best. Here’s what we offer for teen acne treatment.
Take Control of Your Skin With Our Teen Acne Treatment
The first thing you need before diving into treatments is a skin care consultation with our licensed aesthetician and certified laser technician Noelle Cesario. Her expertise and vast knowledge of medical grade skin care is what really sets her apart - not to mention, she will be able to build a skin care plan for your exact needs.
A few of LifeScape’s teen acne treatments she might recommend include:
HydraFacial is so much more than just a facial. It’s a super facial. This 30 minute treatment cleanses and extracts impurities from your skin (the impurities that lead to acne) and then hydrates your skin.
Try it with a boost! Boosts are tailored to your specific skin type and needs and can be added to any hydrafacial treatment. Choose boosts that:
- minimize the appearance of discoloration while brightening your skin tone
- encourage collagen repair and regrowth
- reduce enlarged pores
- alleviate oily and congested skin
This is one of the quickest, most effective ways to get the best skin ever!
Chemical peels are a fantastic solution for smoothing out your skin’s natural texture and reducing the appearance of acne scars. Some peels, such as the VI Peel Precision Plus are combined with boosters in order to treat stubborn hyperpigmentation. Come in for a consultation and we’ll be sure to find the right peel for your skin type and acne needs.
Medical Grade Skincare
At LifeScape Premier, we offer more than just teen acne treatments. We also offer products that can help you reveal your most gorgeous skin in the comfort of your own home. Some of the skin products that you can find through our site include:
- PCA Skin
- skinbetter science
- Revision Skincare
Under the direction of Noelle, combining treatments with a killer at-home skincare routine is exactly what your skin needs to be prepped for heading back to school.
What to Eat for Better Back to School Skin
Aside from the teen acne treatments, our nutritionist Bonnie Roill also recommends eating your way to healthy skin. Here are some of her professional tips for glowing naturally:
- Take a daily Probiotic
- Drink Water – your urine should be clear.
- Avoid Sugar and other foods that trigger a spike in insulin (i.e. pasta, white rice, white bread).
- Avoid High-glycemic carbohydrates, dairy, saturated fats, trans fats
- Eat unprocessed fruits and vegetables, foods with zinc, vitamin A and E, and antioxidants. These include blueberries, spinach and dark leafy greens, yellow and orange fruit and vegetables like carrots, apricots, sweet potatoes, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, salmon, beans, peas, lentils, nuts.
While these tips are great for healthy eating and potentially clearing your skin, it’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s body is different. Some teens might have a food allergy that could cause acne breakouts. You should always consult your doctor who can help you experiment with your diet and find what works best for you.
Other tips that could give your skin a “back to school” boost.
Aside from these professional acne treatments, and tips for what to eat for clear skin, here are a few other things you can do to help keep your skin clear:
- Do not overwash/scrub your face. This can cause your skin to dry out and get more irritated.
- Clean cell phones and change pillow cases regularly.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- If you play sports after school, be sure to shower, or at least wash your face, as soon as practice is complete. You don’t want the sweat to sit on your skin because this can cause a breakout.
- Gently exfoliate two-three times per week.
LifeScape Premier’s Medical Aesthetics services and these quick tips are perfect for achieving that post-summer break radiance. Go back to school with confidence and show off your natural beauty. Our medical grade skin care is the teen acne treatment you need to get the glow you’ve always wanted.
Looking to have the glowiest skin ever when heading back to school? Book a Consultation with Lifescape Premier today!