COVID-19 Symptoms include loss of sense of smell/taste, fever, muscle aches, headache, dry cough, shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, blue toes. For more information check out our COVID-19 Symptom Guide below or download our handout here!
Symptoms of COVID-19 May Include:
NOTE: 80% of patients have mild symptoms, require no medical evaluation or testing, and can manage symptoms safely at home with NO intervention
- Dry Cough
- Fever (over 100.4 present in majority at some point in illness)
- Shortness of breath (unable to hold in a deep breath for 10 sec or pain with deep breath)
- Headache or muscle aches
- Sore throat (note: runny nose or sneezing not typical with COVID-19)
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea in <10%
If You Develop ANY of the Above Symptoms:
- PRESUME you have COVID-19 until proven otherwise and self-isolate until symptoms resolve for at least 72 hours (residual dry cough for a few weeks is typical and need not be isolated)
- STAY HOME and at least 6 feet away from other members of the household or wear a surgical mask
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue and discard it immediately, or wear a surgical mask to prevent spread if in proximity to others or areas frequented by others
- Wash hands often for 20sec and wipe down all commonly touched surfaces multiple times daily – especially phones, keyboards, doorknobs/handles.
- Cleaner options:
- dilute bleach solution 2T chlorine bleach to 1 quart water
- 60-90% isopropyl alcohol wipe or spray (high proof vodka less effective =40% alcohol)
- Wash clothing, towels, linens frequently at hottest temperature allowable
- Close lid when flushing toilet o Use nebulizer medications in closed room alone – nebulizer use runs risk of sending virus into the air
- Dry clean garments or in dryer dry-cleaning after every wearing
- Disinfect hampers and trash receptacles often
- Cleaner options:
Symptom Care at Home:
- Rest and RELAX: most cases are MILD and resolve spontaneously within 2 weeks
- Deep Breaths: 10 times every hour while awake or walk for 10 min a couple times daily
- Nutrition: Healthy diet rich in greens, cruciferous vegetables, colorful fruits and vegetables, bone broths, lean proteins, healthy fats, and some fermented foods is superior immune support to any supplement. Raw organic honey helpful for throat irritation or cough. Green drinks or smoothies with spirulina may provide immune support. Ginger, garlic, onions, herbs, and turmeric also immune supporting.
- Hydrate: drink plenty of liquids including teas and broths/soups
- Natural sunlight or UV exposure through Healthy wave mat (healthywavemat.com discount code lifescape10) or similar for 10-20min once or twice daily may be supportive
- OTC meds:
- Zinc gluconate or Acetate lozenges or sprays if available – used every 2hr from first onset of symptoms for 5-7 days may shorten the duration of colds
- Guaifenesin/Mucinex 600-1200mg to keep secretions thin, easy to clear
- Salt water gargles and saline nose sprays liberally to clear secretions
- Xlear sinus max if significant nasal congestion (unusual with covid)
- OTC cough medicines like Robitussin marginally helpful; raw honey shown to be more effective than most cough medicines
- Sedating or drying cough/cold medicines like Nyquil/Dayquil or antihistamine-containing cold/flu medicines which thicken secretions, prevent mucous clearance and promote mucous plugging of airways worsening risk for pneumonia, sinusitis
- Avoid suppressing FEVER with Tylenol or ibuprofen – fever helps fight infection so support fever by drinking more fluids rather than suppressing your immune response
- Cough suppressants should be limited as again they prevent the immune system from working to clear out mucous, debris and virus.
- Supplements/Herbs: At present, there are NO supplements, herbs or medications proven to prevent or treat COVID-19. Many immune support supplements are unavailable due to high demand.
- Maintain therapeutic levels of vitamin D and vitamin C o Immune support nutrients to consider: Spirulina, Alpha lipoic acid, NAC, Glucosamine Sulfate, Beta 1,3 Glucan, Selenium
- Immune support herbs to consider: Rhodiola, Cordyseps mushroom, Gingko biloba, Chinese skullcap, glycerrhiza/licorice, berberine, cinnamon, dong quai, astragalus
CALL US IF you develop fever, cough with shortness of breath or cannot hold your breath for 10 seconds
Call 911 if shortness of breath is rapidly progressing and let them know the concern for COVID-19 so they will be properly prepared when they arrive to help you
Submit this form and a LifeScape team member will contact you as soon as possible to schedule your COVID-19 Test.
Note: we'll be calling to schedule via a blocked number