These delightful blueberry meringues are a light and delicious end to any meal. Swirled with no sugar added blueberry preserves, the look as good as they taste!
1/2 cup no sugar added blueberry preserves
1 cup Truvia brand sweetener
1 TBSP cornstarch
4 large egg whites at room temperature
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 pint of fresh blueberries or 1 bag of frozen blueberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Microwave preserves in a microwave-safe dish until just warm, about 30 seconds.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
- Whisk together Truvia and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Beat egg whites on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until foamy about 1 minute. Add cream of tartar and salt, beating until blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and gradually add sugar mixture, a small amount at a time beating until mixture is glossy, stiff peaks form and Truvia dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle ¼ of preserves in a zigzag pattern onto meringue.
- Scoop 1/3 cup portions onto lined baking sheet for 6 meringues. Make an indentation in the center of each meringue.
- Bake until pale golden and outsides have formed a crust, 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn oven off and let meringues stay in oven, with door closed and light on for 12 hours.